Technology License Monitoring & Enforcement Specialist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must possess a degree in a major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
You qualify at the GS-13 level, if you meet one of the following qualification requirements: at least one year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal Government obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: adapting, interpreting, and analyzing routine issues pertaining to the laws, regulations, and policies, applicable to the intellectual property or technology transfer issues; monitoring technology transfer license compliance activities; analyzing technology transfer license applications for suitability to develop products and making recommendations regarding their acceptance or rejection; preparing technology transfer license application justifications and related supporting material; and evaluating infringement of intellectual property rights.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10273279
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- This position is designated as a "non-emergency/teleworker" position and the selected candidate will be considered a "non-emergency/teleworker" employee. In the event of a closure, you must be available to telework or request leave.
- At the supervisor's discretion, this position may offer work schedule flexibilities: [telework, remote work, compressed schedules, flexible schedules].
- We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- - Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- - Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- - Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and any other requirements. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No