Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
.Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement. Education may only be substituted in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be credited towards qualifications.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the education requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click on the link for a list of accredited organizations recognized as specializing in interpretation of foreign education credentials.
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service which provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience reviewing and analyzing defense trade compliance issues and adjudicating violations of the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR);
- Experience interpreting and providing guidance on the application of the AECA and the ITAR and other export controls;
- Experience coordinating with foreign and domestic, public and private sector participants in defense trade on AECA and ITAR compliance issues.
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations@state.gov.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional vacancies in the same title, series, grade, and unit occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection procedures. Based on your responses to the job-specific self-assessment questions, eligible candidates are placed for selection consideration into one of three pre-defined quality categories as described below:
Highly-qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications for the position, candidates must fully demonstrate proficiency in all major aspects of the position.
Well Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, candidates must demonstrate proficiency in some, but not all of the major aspects of the position.
Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, skill and ability of the position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
- Knowledge of US laws and regulations relating to defense trade controls; ability to apply that knowledge and reach conclusions about compliance matters.
- Skill in analyzing compliance programs, identifying weaknesses and inconsistencies, drawing accurate conclusions, and recommending improvements.
- Knowledge of public and private sector participants in and regulators of defense trade, including their operations and practices.
- Ability to prepare and present analyses, based on interpretation and practical application of legal sources, principles and procedures.
- Skill in oral/written communication.
- Skill in providing guidance to colleagues.
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each pre-defined quality category. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent (i.e., CPS and CP) must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position to receive consideration for special priority.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any required supporting documentation by the closing date of this announcement. Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret