IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Specialized Experience for GS-13: To qualify at GS-13,you must have one year of experience at the GS-12 level or equivalent in the Federal service. Specialized experience includes:
- Applying IT principals, concepts, methods, standards and policies sufficient to accomplish assignments using applicable standards, such as: National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), OMB Circular A-123 - Management's Responsibility for Internal Control, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Office of Management and Budget (OMB) circulars and memorandums, Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and other laws and authorities; AND
- Providing coordination of Policy and Risk Management programs; AND
- Providing effective communication and coordination of information security tasks through effective application of IT knowledge, theoretical concepts and tools with regard to end user and distributed computing systems.
- Attention to Detail- Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service- Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication- Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving- Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Pass a pre-employment security investigation.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination. We will evaluate your application by comparing your description of your work experience, level of responsibility, and accomplishments, with the requirements of the position to determine whether you meet all the qualification requirements.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Specialized Experience
Veterans’ Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this vacancy.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No