Early Childhood Disabilities Coordinator
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. With the guidance of the Education Operation Manager is responsible for fostering a culture of collaboration and professional learning at Lourie Center Head Start programs related to the support of children with disabilities/developmental delays that are aligned with IDEA, and the Head Start Performance Standards.
1. Serve as an interface between family support workers, families and other service providers by helping the family navigate the intervention system and helps coordinate the communication between therapists, social service-providers, medical personnel, and the educational system.
2. Takes detailed notes and reporting on children with disabilities/developmental delays , assisting family service workers in partnership with service providers to support parents in addressing developmental and behavioral concerns, participating in assessments, and communicating with parents.
3. Conducts informal observations of children who fall in the black area on ASQ screening and are not meeting expectations as documented in Teaching Strategies GOLD.
4. Support the Education Operation Manager on policies and procedures
5. Works with ECE coaches to create with teachers individualized modifications, accessible environments, visual supports, material adaption, and activity simplification for children with disabilities.
6. Obtains copies of IFSP/IEP, and interpret test results, examine and provide feedback on individual plans for children with disabilities, suggest activities for home learning.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.