Security Services Support Member
Westat has an opening for an individual to support our Security Services Department. The qualified candidates must be able to work at our Rockville, MD office. The Security Services support team member is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, purchasing requests and general administrative duties.
The Security Services support team member will be responsible for the following functions:
· Manages the front desk area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain a professional image. The first point of contact for all walk-in and appointments
· Monitors and is responsible for Security Service voicemail and mailbox
· Maintains all logs including photo ID, access cards and more
· Coordinates with security guards and receptionists, regarding any violations, parking issues, parking requests, and any other security related items
· Coordinates with other departments such as Facilities, HR, and more, on security service related items
· Processes invoices, incident reports, worker's compensation claims, and more
· General administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to maintaining office calendar, conference room, meeting setup, ordering and maintaining office supplies/materials, scanning, copying, and more
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. The employee may be required to walk or travel to other Westat locations located in Rockville and Gaithersburg, Maryland.
· A High School Diploma or GED is required to apply
· Must be able to work at our Rockville, Maryland offices
· Must be able to work Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
· Must have at least four (4) years of previous administrative experience
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
This assignment is a temporary hourly position. Benefits are based on hours worked and tenure.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.