SENIOR TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS ANALYST
Job Title: SENIOR TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS ANALYST Closing Date/Time: Thu. 07/26/18 11:59 PM Eastern Time Salary: $61,609.60 - $121,076.80 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time Location: 2100 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington *METRO-accessible*, Virginia Arlington County, VA, recognized as the number one Digital County by the National Association of Counties for a third straight year in 2018, seeks an innovative Senior Solutions Analyst to drive, organize, and execute technical innovation across the County and the Department of Technology Services (DTS).
The Senior Solutions Analyst combines business and systems analysis skills to provide thought leadership and Agile Project Management for critical innovative technology initiatives and serves as the initial point of contact for related issues. This individual works closely with stakeholders at all levels to help them understand the structure, policies, and operations of the organization. The Analyst provides counsel and expertise in the definition, design, migration, implementation, and adoption of system solutions to meet business requirements. Reporting to the Division Chief of Digital Experience and Technology Innovation, this individual works closely with the Chief Projects Officer and the Business Relationship Manager to suggest collaborative innovative approaches to proposed business initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have excellent written and oral communication skills, research skills, critical thinking skills, an understanding of Cloud technology, application programming, database and system design. In addition, an understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures; and how legacy, web-based systems, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, and mobile applications interface with each other is critical to this role.
Specific duties include:
- Researching and identifying the organization's technical strengths/weaknesses;
- Providing innovative technical recommendations to leadership to include cost-benefit analysis for informed decision making;
- Collaborating with internal and external clients to foster business ties, introduce thought provoking discussion, and to understand and identify project requirements, expectations, budget, resources, and timelines;
- Serving as the DTS Lead for Smart Cities and expanding the community of external innovation partners;
- Developing, reviewing and editing requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations; and
- Delivering critical updates and presentations to assigned stakeholders.
Selection Criteria: Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related area plus significant professional experience in the following areas:
- Performing business and systems analysis to include web, data, IoT, and mobile applications;
- Incorporating Agile Project Management approaches, tools, and phases of project lifecycle; and
- Developing technical planning strategy & solutions for a large organization servicing a minimum of 1,000 clients.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience as defined above may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Azure (Cloud), Amazon Web Service (AWS), Office 365, and SharePoint;
- Working with large datasets to include collecting, organizing, analyzing, and presenting information for program evaluation, technical improvement and innovation;
- Collaborating across multiple departments to drive technical innovation and solutions;
- Serving as a technical leader in a local government;
- Implementing strategies for Smart Cities technologies; and/or
- PMI-ACP or CSM certification.
Special Requirements: Each section of the application must be completed. A resume may be attached; however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Additional Information: Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm with some flexibility.