SENIOR IT ANALYST
Job Title: SENIOR IT ANALYST Closing Date/Time: Continuous Salary: $61,609.60 - $121,076.80 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time Location: 2100 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington *METRO-accessible*, Virginia Arlington County's Department of Management and Finance (DMF) is seeking an IT Analyst to provide functional IT support to all users of the County's Oracle e-Business finance modules. This position will be responsible for assisting users with resolving system-related issues, performing application administration tasks, developing ad-hoc reports, supporting testing, developing requirements and providing functional user trainings. These responsibilities will require the position to work closely with DMF core business owners and the Department of Technology's technical team.
Specific Duties Include:
- Assisting users with routine Oracle e-Business Suite application and reporting issues and questions related to finance modules (i.e. iProcurement, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, iExpense);
- Modifying account code combinations in the General Ledger, and managing the purchasing hierarchy;
- Documenting and providing users with guidance and instructions required when documentation is unclear or non-existent;
- Assisting users with Java, Internet Explorer, Adobe, MS Excel and all forms of attachment issues with PRISM;
- Writing reports and queries using SQL/Toad and Noetix to extract data when requested;
- Developing requirements and coordinating with the technical team when new reports or enhancements need to be developed;
- Performing functional testing after patching, and upgrades are applied; and
- Preparing the annual report to validate purchasing hierarchy and user responsibilities.
Selection Criteria: Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, or a related field, as well as considerable experience directly related to area of assignment, including experience managing and implementing information systems, utilizing Oracle's e-Business Suite, programming, systems analysis, process re-engineering and/or project management. .
Substitution: Additional experience may substitute for the education on a year-for-year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one of more of the following:
Additional Information: Work Hours: Flexible and telework options typically between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Employees in this multi-incumbent class of work perform journey level to senior level professional work providing business needs analysis, process re-engineering, project management, and/or systems analysis.
Note: This recruitment is open until the position is filled, interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. Qualified applicants in this first group will be referred to the hiring manager and interviews will be conducted on a regular basis throughout the recruitment with candidates whose qualifications best fit our needs. The application process will close when the position has been filled or when enough qualified applications have been received.