PSYCHIATRIC NURSE (PACT TEAM)
Job Title: PSYCHIATRIC NURSE (PACT TEAM) Closing Date/Time: Continuous Salary: $29.62 - $46.28 Hourly
Job Type: Full-Time Location: 2120 Washington Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22204, Virginia Note: This is a re-opening to expand the pool of qualified candidates. If you have already applied for this position, there is no need to re-apply unless you wish to update your application.
Are you an experienced Psychiatric Nurse with the passion and desire to be part of a cohesive team which provides community based services to the Arlington Community? The Department of Human Services is recruiting for a unique professional nurse position to join the Program for Assertive and Community Treatment (PACT) team. This nurse position will take part in providing crisis intervention, substance use treatment, intensive case management, and individual and group treatment services to adults who are severely-mentally ill. The employee will work under the direction of the team psychiatrist and program manager to provide services both out in the community and in a clinic setting.
- Oversees medication administration and medical services provided to clients;
- Provides case management services including the development of treatment goals, education, and rehabilitation plans;
- Coordinates, schedules, and administers medical assessments of client physical health;
- Conducts comprehensive assessment of mental health to include history, functioning, and service needs;
- Coordinates psychiatric treatment with medical treatment;
- Refers to community physicians for further assessment and treatment;
- Performs ongoing assessment of activities of daily living (ADLs) and provides problem solving, skill training and supervision to assist clients with ADLs;
- Provides side-by-side support and coaching to help socialization; and
- Organizes and leads individual and group social and recreational activities and opportunities to practice social skills.
Selection Criteria: Minimum: A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university, plus at least one year of experience in a psychiatric setting, serving clients with mental health, substance abuse or developmental disabilities that demonstrates knowledge the impact they can have on physical health; and the ability to perform technical nursing procedures, administer treatments and medications, develop solutions to clinical operational problems; communicate sensitive information both orally and in writing, and assess risk and make decisions regarding the criticality of care issues.
Certification and licensing requirement:
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse in Virginia or by endorsement from another state to practice professional nursing.
- Meet the criteria of a Qualified Mental Health Professional- Adult (QMHP-A) or a Licensed Mental Health Provider (LMHP) per the Virginia Board of Counseling regulations within 60 days of hire. https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/docs/QMHP_FAQs.pdf
Substitution: Education may be substituted by additional directly related experience on a year-for-year basis.
Desirables: Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- PACT or similar experience providing community based services;
- Master's degree in Nursing;
- Case management experience with the severely mentally ill population;
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team; and/or
- Experience with clients with dual diagnosis.
Special Requirements: Applicant must possess, or obtain by time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence. The applicant must authorize Arlington County to obtain, or the applicant must provide, a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent upon a favorable review of the applicant's driving record.
A pre-employment criminal records check will be conducted. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.
Must complete pre-hire federal background check and State of Virginia Central Registry check.
Additional Information: Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., including some evenings, rotating weekends, and holidays.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process. Please do not enter "see resume" as a response to the questions. Each section of the application must be completed. A resume may be attached, however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Incomplete applications will not be considered