Early Childhood Teacher
Summary: The Maddux School seeks a warm, creative, energetic individual to nurture students with different learning styles in a Pre-K classroom. Teachers are responsible for supervising a class of twelve students and coordinating instruction with co-teacher and therapists. This position entails lesson development and implementation; classroom management and coordination; partnership and communication with parents; and progress monitoring and reporting.
- Oversee academic and social-emotional needs of students
- Contribute to curriculum development and supervise implementation
- Provide individual, small, and large group instruction as appropriate and ensure appropriate systems are in place to monitor student progress
- Communicate with parents/guardians
- Administer educational and skills assessments for programming and to support internal and external assessments
- Report biannually on student progress through formalized Progress Reports, or more frequently, as needed
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and evaluation of instructional materials
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood/Elementary Education, Special Education or related field required. Master's degree or enrollment in a Master's program preferred.
- Maryland Standard Professional Certificate or eligibility for Conditional Certificate.
- School-based early-childhood educational experience
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to collaborate with classroom team
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously
- Cooperative participation within an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with colleagues and parents
- Flexibility with regard to daily routine and responsibilities
- Support of program mission and philosophy
- Computer skills related to common office tasks such as email, conducting internet searches, and using MSOffice (e.g., MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint)