Supervisory Management and Program Analyst
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualifications requirements before the announcement closes.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
OPTION FOR ADDITIONAL SELECTIONS: Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Selectees will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: GAO provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request accommodation, please email ReasonableAccommodation@gao.gov.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one or two-year probationary period.
One year Supervisory probationary period required for first time supervisors.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job. If you meet all of the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Please make sure that your responses to the assessment questions are supported in your resume. Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete answers, errors, or omissions may affect your rating. Your rating will be invalid if you fail to include a narrative reply to any assessment question(s) that requires further explanation or your reply is "see resume."
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Comprehensive knowledge of new legislation, draft legislation, and Federal regulations that apply to management improvements and/or systems and information technology to determine potential impact on planned and on-going projects in the areas of organizational efficiency, process improvement methodologies and approaches, change management, and/or organizational communications.
- Knowledge and skill in organizational management, assessment and evaluation techniques, strategic planning and execution, and project management.
- Expert knowledge of the full range of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques and methodologies to assess program requirements and develop innovative program and management improvements with impact GAO-wide.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with a wide range of personnel including both technical and non-technical representatives throughout GAO in order to establish effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and influence others to ensure effective progress for both internal and external change management operations and initiatives. By way of definition, oral communication may include methods used by employees with disabilities such as sign language interpretation, text-to-speech or TTY technology, and amplification devices.
- Ability to direct organizational units with a focus on delivering high quality customer service and achieving results though an outcome based approach; as well as effectively evaluate staff performance.
- Ability to develop and lead a staff by providing relevant learning experiences, creating and maintaining a productive and results oriented work environment, and leading by example
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation