Supervisory Clinical Nurse (Assistant Clinical Nurse Supervisor)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-11, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-10 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is:
Overseeing physician/nursing care plans; AND
Reviewing and making recommendations for improvement to the quality of overall nursing care.
You may substitute education for general or specialized experience as follows: have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three (3) full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education.
SPECIAL NOTE: Long-term care experience and/or interacting with geriatric patients is highly desired.
Candidates must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. (An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment. No person appointed pending registration may be retained beyond 6 months, or promoted, if registration has not been attained.)
For all grade levels and positions, applicants must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination. In addition, they must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Veterans Preference does not apply to the Direct Hire Authority.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- A one year supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Pass a pre-employment physical examination. An OF-178, Certificate of Medical Examination will be required if selected for this position. DO NOT SUBMIT AT TIME OF APPLICATION.
- Wear required safety clothing and/or equipment required by the position. This may include safety shoes, hard hats, hearing protection, gloves, masks, etc.
- Selectees will be subject to the AFRH Tuberculosis Surveillance Program.
- Shift Work: This facility operates on a 24 hour per day, three-shift basis. Assignment to a specific shift cannot be guaranteed. The successful applicant must be available to work on all three shifts on a rotational basis.
- Because the AFRH’s mission requires uninterrupted, direct human support and medical care for its Residents, this position is considered essential for continuing AFRH operations. Therefore, the incumbent is expected to arrive for duty on time, as scheduled, and to complete the assigned tour during emergency situations such as hazardous weather.
- Physical Demands: Daily activities require regular and recurring periods of walking, bending, lifting, stooping, and repositioning Residents, if necessary. In addition, the duties include the carrying of such items as books, papers, and files, which range in weight from 5 pounds up to 45 pounds. Utilization of appropriate body mechanics is mandatory.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Communication, Leadership.
This announcement is issued under "direct-hire" authority. Consistent with 5 U.S.C 3304 and OPM regulations (5 CFR 337 Subpart B) on direct-hire: All candidates who meet all the qualification and other eligibility requirements may be referred for consideration. Competitive examining rules providing for rating and ranking and veterans' preference do not apply.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must receive a score of 92 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
This position is being filled through the Medical Occupations Direct Hire Authority (DHA). Applications identified outside this JOA through supplementary recruitment efforts may be considered before the selection(s) is/are made.
To preview questions please click here.