Technology Production Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
76% or greater - This position requires substantial travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- You must be a United States Citizen, subject to the exceptions enumerated at http://www.uscourts.gov/careers.
- Selectee must favorably complete a background investigation.
- Relatives of Center staff members may not be employed at the Center in any capacity.
- All requirements must be met for full consideration.
- possess an undergraduate degree in communications, audio visual or related area, and one year of work related experience;
- possess knowledge of all pertinent features of IT and audio-visual equipment;
- travel as much as two to three weeks per month to various locations throughout the United States (especially high travel during the summer);
- occasionally travel on weekends for set-up and program preparation;
- be professional and maintain decorum in stressful situations;
- communicate effectively and professionally; and
- be able to kneel, bend, and reach in order to perform certain duties such as equipment movement and set up.
- excellent communication skills and excellent customer service skills;
- excellent organizational and time management skills;
- demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally;
- experience and demonstrated ability operating and maintaining audience response systems, audio-visual equipment(e.g. LCD projectors, Mac and PC laptops, smart devices (both iOS and Android), wired and wireless microphones, multichannel mixers, video switchers, cables, AMX touch panels and conference room technology;
- knowledge in configuring WiFi on various devices (PC, Mac, tablets);
- knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint;
- knowledge of inventory management systems, such as WASP and ManageEngine Service Desk Plus Asset Management;
- demonstrated knowledge of cable signal flow for video and audio devices;
- drive to learn industry changes and innovations;
- ability to quickly troubleshoot and solve problems with minimal interruption;
- ability to lift heavy packages/cases;
- ability to remain professional calm in high stress and time limited situations;
- demonstrated knowledge of non-linear editing applications such as Adobe Suite;
- demonstrated knowledge of collaborative technologies such as web conferencing; and
- an understanding of the federal courts.
An undergraduate degree in communications, audio visual, or related area.
Federal government benefits are applicable. An array of supplemental benefits are also offered including a transportation subsidy and a flexible benefit program allowing for pre-tax deductions for health insurance, health care, dependent care, and commuter expenses. The FJC is located in the Thurgood Marshall Building, conveniently situated to public transportation directly beside Union Station. The Marshall Building houses a child development center and a health fitness facility for its tenants.
This position does not carry the tenure rights of positions in the competitive civil service.
This is a term, one-year position with the possibility of extension at the Center's discretion. The starting salary is set at $51,065. This position falls in the Center's pay band III, which has a salary range up to $95,737; not all incumbents in pay band III positions can expect to reach the top of the range. For the successful candidate who is not currently a member of the Center staff, a higher starting salary, but not to exceed $53,618, may be considered based upon the successful candidate's current salary. For the successful internal candidate earning less than the starting range minimum, his/her salary will be brought up to the range minimum of $51,065. If the successful internal candidate's salary falls above the range minimum that salary will be matched up to his/her current salary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No