Division Director, Division of Biological Infrastructure, BIO
6 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation may be paid contingent on availability of funds.
1. Ph.D. or equivalent professional experience or a combination of education and equivalent experience in at least one of the major disciplinary fields managed by the Directorate for Biological Sciences (molecular and cellular biosciences, environmental biology, integrative organismal systems) is required, with demonstrated experience in developing or managing biological infrastructure programs or large collaborative projects preferred.
2. Substantial research contributions and strong evidence of scholarship and leadership in biological sciences as evidenced in publications and other professional contributions is required, with practical knowledge of cyberinfrastructure, instrumentation and resources such as biological collections and field stations, and how these integrate into the research enterprise being strongly desirable.
3. Skill in recognizing, developing, and implementing approaches and programs which build on the expertise and knowledge of researchers and educators in other disciplines to develop solutions to important cross-cutting research and education challenges.
4. Broad understanding of universities and other institutions where research and education in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics is conducted, including knowledge of grant administration and fiscal management in biological sciences research support.
1. Leading Change. Demonstrated ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Includes the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People. Demonstrated ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Includes the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results-Driven Leadership. Demonstrated ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Includes the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen. Demonstrated ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions. Demonstrated ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, non-profit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Applicants currently serving under a career Senior Executive Service (SES) appointment, eligible for reinstatement into SES, or have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program (CDP) approved by OPM are not required to address the Executive/Managerial Qualifications (ECQs/EMs); but a narrative statement for each of the mandatory Professional/Technical Qualifications (PTQs) is required.
For detailed guidance on ECQs, applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Office of Personnel Management's Guide to Executive Qualifications.
Security Clearance: Public Trust - Background Investigation
You must submit all required information by the closing date. If materials are not received, your application will not be considered eligible.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be screened for basic eligibility according to the qualification requirements. Eligible applicants will be reviewed by an Evaluation Panel according to the criteria based on the qualification requirements. The best qualified candidates will be referred to the appropriate official who will recommend selection. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, physical disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit reason.
There are no questions to preview in the link below.
To preview questions please click here.