25% or less - Domestic and international travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Transcripts including your major field of study and the date your degree was conferred are required (unofficial transcripts are acceptable). Applications will not be considered without this documentation.
- If selected, official transcripts will be required prior to entrance on duty.
- DD214 (Member 4 copy) or other veterans’ documents required to receive veterans’ preference and/or to document eligibility for individuals who, due to military service obligation, were precluded from applying within 2 years of completing their academic program
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- A Pathways Participant Agreement will be required if you are selected for a position. The agreement must be signed by all applicable parties prior to entrance on duty.
- Satisfactory completion and favorable adjudication of a background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- APHIS is an emergency response agency. This means that all Agency employees may be asked or assigned to participate in rotating temporary duty assignments to support emergency programs at some time during their careers with APHIS. For details click: APHIS Emergency Response
Recent Graduates may be non-competitively converted to a term or permanent position in the competitive service. To be eligible for conversion the Recent Graduate must meet all of the following:
- Be a U.S. Citizen;
- Successfully complete at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program as outlined in the Participant Agreement.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
RECENT GRADUATES PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible for the Recent Graduates program, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
Completed all requirements for an associate, bachelor’s, master’s, professional, doctorate, vocational, or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution within the previous two (2) years.
Individuals who, due to a military service obligation, were precluded from applying to the Recent Graduates Program during any portion of the 2-year eligibility period described above shall have a full 2-year period of eligibility upon release or discharge from active duty. This eligibility period cannot extend more than 6 years from the date on which the requirements for the academic course of study were met.
All academic degrees or course work must be completed in an educational institution that has obtained accreditation from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools that meet this criteria, see http://www.edu.gov/
IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE: Applicants must meet the following specialized experience and/or education requirements listed below:
FOR THE GS-07 LEVEL: Applicants must have one (1) year of specialized experience that is equivalent to at least the GS-05 level.
- Apply research and analyze data for consistency with administrative and/or program requirements.
- Apply fact-finding and investigative techniques (e.g., employee/supervisor interviews, review of work procedures, instructions, records, and files) to gather clear-cut factual evidence of administrative waste and abuse, or compliance with regulations.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to managers on study findings and recommendations.
One (1) full year of graduate level education in Business Management, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Agriculture, International Studies, Marketing or a related field of study.
Superior Academic Achievement: To qualify based on superior academic achievement, you must have completed the requirements for a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution AND must meet certain GPA requirements. For more details click: Superior Academic Achievement
FOR THE GS-09 LEVEL: Applicants must have one (1) year of specialized experience that is equivalent to at least the GS-07 level.
- Analyze and measure the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of administrative and technical programs.
- Works collaboratively with management, staff, and program officials to collect, analyze findings and make recommendations for program improvement, and by carrying out administrative and operational functions as directed.
- Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including the education, as identified by grade level.
Masters or equivalent graduate degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Agriculture, International Studies, Marketing or a related field of study.
Two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Agriculture, International Studies, Marketing or a related field of study.
LL.B. or J.D., if related
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for this grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
All academic degrees or course work must be completed in an educational institution that has obtained accreditation from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized.
- The incumbents of Recent Graduates positions may be reassigned/relocated to any geographical location where the employee’s services are needed as determined by management.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- If you are newly hired, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS “E-VERIFY” system. Federal law requires the use of E-VERIFY to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this system, the new hire is required to resolve any identification discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
- It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. See more information at: http://www.chcoc.gov/transmittals/TransmittalDetails.aspx?TransmittalID=6465
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated in accordance with Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Delegated Examining Procedures using category rating. The category rating procedure is used to rank and select eligible candidates. Applicants who meet basic minimum qualifications will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Category placement will be determined on applicants' quality of experience and the extend they possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) or competencies:
- General ability to gather and analyze management, administrative, and program data
- Knowledge of the methods, principles, and techniques used in analyzing management processes and administrative programs
- Knowledge of the methods, principles, and techniques used in analyzing programs
- Ability to organize, participate on, and lead cross-functional and cross divisional teams that meet the needs of a variety of users and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate orally to a variety of users, stakeholders, and other groups
- Ability to communicate in writing to a variety of users, stakeholders, and other groups
Your application, including the online Assessment Questionnaire, will be reviewed to determine if you meet (a) minimum qualification requirements and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your resume must clearly support your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position. Those determined to be in the best qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for consideration.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to and including removal from the Federal Service.
To view the application form, visit: https://fas.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=62C78710-5C00-4FB1-A8FA-A930008EFDF6 Read more Security clearance Top Secret