Community Health Worker
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. The Community Health Worker (CHW) acts as a front-line public health worker who is a trusted member of and/or has an unusually close understanding of the community served. The trusting relationship enables the CHW to serve as a liaison / link / intermediary between health / social services and the community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery. The CHW also build individual and community capacity by increasing health knowledge and self-sufficiency through a range of activities such as outreach, community educations, informal counseling, social support and advocacy.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
1. Bachelor's degree in health education, health promotion or other related field
2. Bilingual - English / Spanish
3. Effective oral and written communication skills
4. Cultural competency
5. Knowledge of local resources and system navigation
6. advocacy and community capacity building skills
7. Care coordination skills
8. Teaching skills to promote healthy behavioral change
9. Outreach methods and strategies
10. Ability to bridge needs and identify resources
11. Understanding of public health concepts and health literacy
12. Understanding of ethics and confidentiality issues
13. Ability to use and understand health information technology
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.