Senior Business Officer - Office of Mission and Ministry
7 days left
- Full Time
Senior Business Officer - Office of Mission and Ministry
Georgetown's Office of Mission and Ministry promotes the Ignatian heritage, the Catholic identity and the Jesuit mission of the University. In keeping with the mission, the office develops programs and initiatives that engage students, faculty, administration, staff, alumni, board members, and benefactors in the understanding of our religious identity and commitments.
The Senior Business Officer manages the business operations of the offices of Mission and Ministry, including the office of the Vice President, Campus Ministry and Mission and Pastoral Care at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Senior Business Officer has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Assists department leadership in the development, communication, execution, and evaluation of the department's mission and strategic goals.
- Develops and implements effective department policies and procedures in consultation with department leadership.
- Supervises and supports department administrative staff.
- Manages the annual budget development process in consultation with Managing Director and Central Business Office (CBO) staff.
- Monitors financial performance and works with Managing Director, individual budget managers, and CBO staff to meet financial goals.
- Facilitates communication and coordination between department and CBO staff; educates department staff on university and department financial policies and procedures; and advises CBO staff on department financial activities.
- Works with CBO to implement appropriate procedures and controls and to ensure compliance with university policies.
- Attends Financial Affairs and CBO meetings.
- Supports Office of Advancement tracking of major gifts.
- Oversees department purchasing.
- Works with department and CBO staff to identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Manages the recruitment, hiring and onboarding process for all department positions in consultation with hiring managers and Managing Director, and in collaboration with HR Client Services Partner and CBO Human Capital Management (HCM) staff; and ensures department recruitment practices are optimized to attract and retain the best applicants.
- Implements department performance management processes in compliance with university policy, including coordination of performance appraisal and merit increases.
- Maintains department policies and procedures manual in consultation with senior leadership and consistent with university policies; and coordinates relevant staff trainings as needed
Calcagnini Contemplative Center
- Coordinates operations of the university's 55-acre, 28-bedroom retreat center, in collaboration with the Office of Planning and Facilities Management and in consultation with the Managing Director.
- Maintains and oversees reservation process, ensuring timely and accurate communications between all stakeholders and service providers.
- Manages financial processes, such as contracts, retreat payments and vendor payments.
- Implements and maintains policies and procedures for Center users and ensures compliance with all Center and university policies.
- Maintains Center emergency preparedness.
Facilities, Equipment and Technology
- Oversees the maintenance and equipment purchases, such as furniture for all department spaces, including offices and sacred spaces.
- Assists department leadership in ensuring effective and strategic use of limited office space.
- Supports the coordination of department capital projects.
- Oversees department technology needs, such as computer and cell phone purchases and printer leases.
- Maintains tracking inventory of all department technology.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or equivalent - Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience, including supervisory experience - ministry contexts preferred
- Ability to work in close collaboration with religious professionals of all religious traditions
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.