Financial Services Manager I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Supervisor, Advancement and Alumni Records
The George Mason University Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations is seeking a full-time Supervisor for Advancement and Alumni Records. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The George Mason University Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations is charged with generating private philanthropic support for the University as well as engendering strong donor and alumni relationships through creative programming and compelling communications. The Gift and Records Processing team supports the fundraising efforts of George Mason University by accurately processing each donors contribution and by maintaining an up-to-date demographic record of alumni, parents, friends, and donors of George Mason University.
- Oversee the gift management and data integrity functions in the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations.
- Prioritize and assign projects;
- Monitor batch processes and procedures to ensure accuracy and efficiency;
- Manage the gift batch archiving process; and
- Identify areas for improvement and implement solutions.
- Perform duties of a Gift and Records team staff member in a backup capacity.
- Depositing of Foundation cash and charging in-house credit cards;
- Posting donations to the Foundations gift processing system;
- Generate and process donor Acknowledgement reports; and
- Recording demographic data changes for alumni, parents, friends, and donors.
- Monitor industry standards regarding gift accounting and reporting for not-for-profit institutions.
- Stay abreast of changes associated with IRS regulations and FASB, CAE, CASE standards;
- Coordinate service for the universityâ€™s affiliation foundation audits, as well as university audits;
- Insure that the Gift and Records team follows established policies and procedures for depositing, posting, and acknowledging donor contributions, as well as maintaining up-to-date demographic profiles of alumni, parents, friends and donors;
- Communicate changes with Foundation, Advancement, and Alumni Relations staff; and
- Based upon discoveries, modify the offices policies and procedures. Required Qualifications: Education: Must have an advanced degree or training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree.
Experience: Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment; Supervisory experience; Experience with financial transaction processing; and Experience with cash management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of industry standards regarding not-for-profit gift processing, acknowledgments, and recognition methods.
- Knowledge of fund raising principals.
- Ability to recognize and understand the technical aspects associated with the database in order to clearly communicate with technical staff the requirements for new or revised output processes and reports.
- Ability to utilize database and system tools and utilities for the purposes of setting gift processing parameters, updating validation code tables and files, and importing records.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities and projects for the data maintenance staff.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to data maintenance staff.
- Ability to use basic desktop computing tools, i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, file transfer web navigation.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to individuals with a variety of skill sets and professional requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to formulate solutions recognizing the needs of a diverse set of concerns, such as accounting, fund raising, and donor recognition.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with Advance database; Experience in a not-for-profit organization; and Experience with project management methods.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :