Program Administration Specialist II
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Clinical Project Coordinator (School of Nursing)
The George Mason University, College of Health and Human Services, School of Nursing seeks a Clinic Coordinator to directly work with faculty, students and staff in the Mason and Partners clinics providing health care services to low-income, uninsured patients. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This individual will manage the on-site clinical activities and coordinate community outreach including:
- Responsible for effective and efficient clinic operations;
- Coordinating coverage and work flow to ensure smooth operations within the clinics;
- Serves as expert for back office processes and procedures;
- Manages the human, material and financial resources in collaboration with the clinic directors;
- Audit and assist in resolving deficiencies that impact clinic compliance;
- Drive key quality improvement practices requiring the ability to work effectively in a matrix environment in order to receive needed data that reflects the overall health impact of the project;
- Organize and participate in the analysis of collected data. May perform data entry, collect, analyze, and clean data;
- Supervise support personnel that may include medical assistants and translators;
- Assist in the selection and training of new employees;
- Train support personnel in new techniques, requirements and procedures necessary for protocols, protecting subject safety, and ensuring the integrity of clinical care;
- Coordinate faculty and student involvement in the treatment team (Social Work, Nutrition, and Psychology);
- Link patients into needed continued care and follow up with other existing safety net health care professionals such as specialist Physicians and nurses, mental health services, rehabilitation assistance, social services, hospitals, home health agencies, and Community-based services;
- Continue communication and connection with the community advocates and referral sites
- Maintain clinical records, including all essential documents, in accordance with federal regulations and institutional policies.
- A bachelorâ€™s degree in nursing or a health-related field, or a combination of education and experience;
- Working knowledge of community-based healthcare;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels in a fast-paced environment using sound judgment;
- Strong writing, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines; and
- Solid PC-related skills in MS Office and related database management. Preferred Qualifications:
- Spanish speaking ability is a plus. Preference will be given to candidates with prior supervisory experience.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02627z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-08-21