Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Administrative & Office Specialist III
The George Mason University College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) is seeking an experienced, Fairfax-based administrative support professional for the Collegeâ€™s Division of Sport, Recreation and Tourism (SRT) and its Director. The Division, which offers a diverse array of undergraduate and graduate programs, is in the process of transitioning to the Fairfax campus after being based at the Science and Technology campus for the past two decades. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This position is designed to be the primary administrative point of contact for the SRT Division. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the hiring and contract generation processes for the divisionâ€™s adjunct faculty
- Coordinate the generation of academic course schedules
- Coordinate SRT space and equipment needs (key control, telephones, common areas)
- Assist SRT Academic Advisors (e.g., coordinate processing of student forms)
- Serve as the division liaison with College support personnel focused on fiscal services, alumni relations, and technology support (including monitoring of SRTâ€™s web presence)
- Provide administrative support for book orders, course evaluations, travel authorizations and reimbursements, curriculum change protocols, and accreditation-related processes
- Manage SRT and academic program listservs
- Attend Division and Program meetings as needed
- Oversee student workers and workflow Required Qualifications: A bachelorâ€™s degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) and experience coordinating administrative tasks in an office setting are required. Candidates must have effective communication and organizational skills and experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Candidates must also have the ability to work with a team and to take proactive responsibility for coordinating the administrative aspects of the teamâ€™s academic activities.
Preferred Qualifications: A Masterâ€™s degree is preferred. Experience with systems specific to Mason, such as Banner, Blackboard, E-VA, CIM, and EPAF, would also be an asset.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 10255z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities, and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in 198 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax, and Prince William; as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family, take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition!
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :