Manager, Customer Service Delivery
6 days left
- Full Time
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by supporting creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Manager, Customer Service Delivery leads a highly skilled team dedicated to providing service delivery coordination for customers for Intelsat's new portfolio of advanced managed services. The team also provides post-sales support to strategic customer accounts, and leads metrics reporting and quality analysis across support for all of Intelsat's products and services. For service delivery and post-sales support, the mission is to provide a class leading customer experience, while driving to the fastest time to revenue. For metrics, the mission is to identify trends in overall support, analyze underlying causes and to work with Operations and Engineering to recommend quality improvements to strengthen positive trends and to improve trends when needed to ensure that customer care results meets or exceeds Intelsat's high standards.
Primary Purpose Of The Position
The Manager, Customer Service Delivery provides day to day management across the department to achieve its current missions but to also be a strategic thinker who can provide thought leadership and execution for the organization as it evolves to support Intelsat's overall transformation from a satellite services company to an advanced global connectivity and managed services company. The ability to drive and thrive in change is a critical success factor for the role.
• Manage all technical, procedural and operational aspects of the services delivery, customer care and metrics functions for the department, with activities such as providing direction and oversight, and ensuring quality of the customer experience.
• Provide leadership, development, coaching, mentoring- creating and managing a highly motivated team, promoting teamwork, providing a quality work environment.
• Manage staff development and training through established HR guidelines.
• Lead team responsible for customer care for Intelsat's top customers, including overall customer relationship management, proactive change management planning and execution, service performance analysis and reporting and 7/24/365 coordination of issue resolution and customer communications for service impacting issues.
• Lead team responsible for service delivery program management of new Intelsat products and services, and related activities, to ensure a high quality customer experience while also optimizing time to revenue for Intelsat.
• Lead team responsible for providing operational metrics reporting and analysis, and developing detailed customer impacting issues summary reporting for internal and external use based upon team's investigated root cause analysis.
• Ensure the team provides a high level customer experience by efficiently managing the service delivery process and providing class leading customer care via effective program management of activities, clear and concise communications and proactively establishing strong, positive relationships with customers.
• Provide thought leadership, tactical planning and execution support in conjunction with Commercial teams, Operations, Engineering, IT and others to create, evolve, automate and optimize service delivery and care processes for new products and services brought to market as part of Intelsat's overall transformation strategy.
• Communicate with customer contacts to understand and anticipate their issues at all phases of customer life-cycle (e.g., new services, understanding existing services, or post-sales support).
• Identify systemic customer impacting issues, work with cross functional teams to provide recommendations for solutions based on root causes and customer interaction, and support the execution of proposed solutions.
• Support Intelsat's strategic efforts to implement next generation OSS/BSS systems and processes by participating in requirements and user acceptance testing activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• Must have a Bachelor's Degree (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience) in business or technical field, with at least ten years of relevant experience.
• Must have demonstrated experience and success in prior direct people management and motivating high performance teams, with excellent management and leadership skills.
• Must have demonstrated experience in working with advanced managed communication and application services (i.e telecom, cloud, etc.) and providing customer care and/or service delivery support for them at the B2B enterprise level with record of ability to improve customer satisfaction and customer experience. Experience working with legacy satellite services and globalized network services in addition is a plus.
• Must have demonstrated experience in tracking metrics across operational groups, and demonstrated ability to analyze trends and to drive changes to improve overall performance.
• Ability to professionally and effectively interface with executive management within Intelsat and with Intelsat's key customers.
• Excellent communication skills, including prior experience in presenting complex technical concepts and data to a non-technical audiences, with the ability to summarize technical details into business relevant terms.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with ability to creatively envision solutions for problems not previously faced.
• Experience of success in changing work environments and demonstrated experience of helping to drive organizational, infrastructure and process changes.
• Must be organized with ability to track many work streams, while actively prioritizing
• Experience interfacing with executive management in supported enterprise customers to resolve issues, grow their business, and anticipate their needs.
• Must be able to develop and maintain good relationships with engineering and operations staff to implement new services, perform service delivery and customer care roles.
• Willingness to travel, as needed, to Intelsat locations and/or customer locations to build and maintain relationships with internal teams and customers.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
• Direct management experience in a telecom or cloud based service provider supporting B2B enterprise customer care, sales engineering, or service provisioning and delivery.
• Experience in establishing and/or executing overall customer experience strategy for enterprise level B2B services.
• ITIL Foundation or higher certification, Lean Six Sigma belt certification.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.