Occasional travel - This position requires travel outside of the duty station 10% of the time.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Additional Conditions of Employment:
-Subject to Random Drug Testing -Must pass pre-employment drug test
-Favorable suitability determination
-Verification of your identity and employment eligibility under the provisions of Employment Verification (E-Verify)
-Compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) governing personal identity which will require that you provide two forms of identification
-A two year probationary period may be required
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower NNSA pay band or GS grade level in the Federal Service i.e., EN-00 NQ/NN-02 or GS-11. Specialized experience for this position is defined as: providing oversight and assistance to research and development programs related to the nuclear weapons stockpile to include developing strategic planning, programmatic alignments, budget justifications and/or long range budget estimates for nuclear stockpile programs.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Knowledge of and skill in applying a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods for assessment and improvement of program effectiveness related to program/project management requirements for a wide range of complex and interrelated administrative problems and issues.
- Knowledge of Office of Management and Budget, DOE, and NNSA budgetary process, methods of controlling funds, and knowledge of the procurement process and procedures, and contractual terms and conditions in order to provide sound recommendations.
- Skill in communicating verbally and in writing to a diverse group of audiences.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For this position education cannot be substituted for experience.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: Click HERE.
Veterans Information: Click HERE.
Telework: Click HERE.
Selective Service Registration: Click HERE.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements. If you meet the qualifications requirements, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated "ineligible" or "not qualified".
To preview questions please click here.