Administrative Support Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security's e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level)
NOTE: For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on How to Create a Federal Resume, click here.
The GS-9 salary range starts at $56,233.00 per year. Generally, first time appointees to Federal civilian service have their salary set at the beginning rate of the grade for which they are selected; unless prior approval has been received to adjust the salary based on superior qualifications of the applicant.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal Service.
Specialized experience is defined as:
- Administering and monitoring administrative, clerical and internal management support functions for an organization.
- Providing customer service to a wide array of internal and external customers.
- Using spreadsheet software and word processing software to manage information.
- Maintaining tracking systems.
- Developing reports, and entering information into databases.
Education: Applicants must have a Master's or equivalent graduate degree such as LL.B. or J.D., or 2 academic years of progressively higher level graduate education in a related field. OR
Combination of Education & Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a combination of graduate level education (beyond the Bachelor's Degree) and specialized experience (as described above) that together meet the qualification requirements of this position.
Bargaining Unit status: AFGE
If you are selected at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without having to re-apply or compete against other applicants.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
If you are selected, you will participate in a developmental program. You will be given assignments and training to prepare you to be successful in the position.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring your, or for firing you after you begin work.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be reviewed to determine whether you have: (a) demonstrated you meet the qualifications for the position; and (b) provided all of the required documentation for consideration.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No