Associate Director of Information Technology
Georgetown University in Qatar is seeking an Associate Director of Information Technology to oversee the IT systems and services for the GU-Q Campus. This position will direct the strategy, planning and implementation of IT systems and services to enable the organization's effective operation while improving cost effectiveness, maintaining service quality and aligning with business needs. The incumbent will act as the primary liaison with the main campus on strategy and operations for the IT function.
- Coordinate the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future IT systems across the organization through the fostering of innovation and prioritization of initiatives;
- Manage the IT Operations and budget, reviewing spending for cost savings, efficiencies and budget reconciliation;
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost effective investment of financial resources in IT systems including sourcing, purchasing and in-house development;
- Develop, maintain and implement an asset replacement program for hardware and software across the organization;
- Oversee develop and maintain the IT website applications;
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of IT operating procedures and where appropriate share with the community;
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery plan;
- Identify, delegate and oversee the implementation of new technology and capital projects, ensuring adherence to PMO guidelines;
- Lead Innovation and Capital Projects working groups with cross departmental representation to evaluate and oversee the implementation of new technologies as appropriate;
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance;
- Liaise with academic services and risk management to ensure support of business continuity requirements;
- Work with Main Campus counterparts to coordinate upgrades, outages, and determine functional requirements for services delivered from central University Information Services;
- Provide technical leadership and strategy for IT User Support, including initiation, planning and evaluation of new support technologies;
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations;
- Provide support, leadership, and technical expertise in the coordination of systems and network infrastructure, applications and data security systems implementation, management and support to achieve secure and optimal performance;
- Provide support, leadership, and technical expertise in the coordination and integration of audio visual and information technology solutions into classroom and conference facilities and events support;
- Oversee the development, coordination, and delivery of information technology support services for the GU-Q community, maintaining a high level of service and ensure the overall satisfaction of the user community;
- Oversee the management of licensing agreements and vendor relationships for support-related software and hardware;
- Design and implement methods for regularly assessing and reporting on user needs and satisfaction with IT services;
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related business or technical field;
- Master's degree in management, business, leadership or equivalent is strongly preferred;
- ITIL Certifications desirable;
- 7 to 10 years' experience of managing technology teams;
- Experience in planning and monitoring the technology infrastructure required to effectively and efficiently support operations;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Network infrastructure, data security, audio video technologies and wireless infrastructure;
- Comprehensive knowledge of data security risk and methods to mitigate risk;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and delegate responsibly to a team of professional technology staff;
- Track record of showing responsiveness to user needs;
- Ability to work collegially within a highly diverse institution of higher education;
- Strong respect for core values; intellectual curiosity, respect, accountability, and intellectual honesty and the ability to pass those values on to others;
- Proven ability to develop, articulate and implement a unified vision and a collaborative spirit;
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization;
- Demonstrated superior oral and written communication skills;
- Fluency in English language.
Qatar offers a diverse, safe, and family-friendly environment. Compensation and expatriate benefits packages are highly competitive. For a glimpse of what it is like to be a part of Georgetown University in Qatar, see: https://youtu.be/HNoERrWln4k.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.