Lead Events Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $13/hr
Web Announcement :
Lead Event Assistant
George Mason Universityâ€™s Office of Communication and Marketing seeks a part-time Event Assistant responsible for assisting professional staff in all aspects of event management. The University Events team supports Masonâ€™s mission by producing events that align with the strategic goals of the University and their students, faculty, alumni, and other stakeholders.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Event Assistant will report directly to the Scheduling Manager of University Events. This individual will be an experienced team member charged with coordinating all stages of event management including but not limited to: event scheduling, website management, registration management, and social media management.
- Assist in the scheduling of large university events as well meeting room and classroom reservation requests
- Support event coordinators in the planning and coordination of campus-wide meetings and events
- Work with internal and external clients to ensure proper scheduling and setup of events
- Responsible for oversight of University Events front desk coverage as well as in-person and phone inquiries
- Provide onsite event management as needed
- Supervise day to day tasks assigned to student staff
- Oversee general e-mail inbox and distribute interoffice and off-campus mail
- Add events to Today@Mason
- Perform other duties as assigned Required Qualifications:
- Proven ability to initiate, plan, schedule, and manage on and off-site university events to include coordination of locations, facilities, technical services, supplies, marketing, and print materials
- Ability to effectively communicate standards of facility use, program operations, campus policies, regulations, and procedures to customers and the University community
- Exhibits strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skill and the ability to work effectively with a diverse audience
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Strong verbal, written, and communications skills
- Ability to work 20 hours per week including evenings and weekends; and
- Must be in good standing (driverâ€™s license and insurable) to operate state or personal vehicle(s); and must have reliable personal transportation Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in public relations, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Experience with WordPress and 25Live is preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-08-20