- Full Time
This is vehicle operation work in delivering mail and other items to schools, school offices, and other locations.
An employee in this class is responsible for retrieving, sorting, and delivering mail and other items to all schools and some central county buildings using a delivery truck. Workers follow specific instructions and procedures and refer nonstandard situations or problems to others.
* Sort, loads, and delivers items to proper destinations.
* Obtains signatures for certain deliveries as required.
* Follows all daily procedures for courier.
* Performs related work as required.
Completion of the tenth grade and experience in driving common types of vehicles, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
* Ability to operate a delivery vehicle in a safe and efficient manner, to sort and deliver mail and other items, to communicate effectively, keep a daily schedule and to follow oral and written instructions.
* Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to walk, stand, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, use hands while operating tools and equipment. The employee must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to see for the safe operation of a motor vehicle or forklift. This employee will be exposed to temperature changes and extremes, inclement weather and possible loud noises and subject to hazards encountered while operating or working closely to forklifts, delivery trucks and other material handling equipment.