Service Desk Technician
- Full Time
The Service Desk Technician is an important and highly visible representative of the Department of Digital Innovation (DDI) as they are the primary point of contact for end user technical support.
The Service Desk Technician must be knowledgeable and familiar with DDI's IT service catalog and able to utilize their skills, experience, and talent to resolve issues while providing excellent customer service. The Service Desk Technician logs incidents and service requests to ensure that the enterprise ITSM system has accurate data which enables the organization to effectively deliver and maintain IT Services.
DDI provides a wide variety of devices, systems, applications, peripherals, and associated technology solutions. The Service Desk Technician must be knowledgeable about these offerings, understand the expected behavior, assist users with technical problems, and escalate appropriately when further assistance when needed. Together, these technologies enable a dynamic learning environment that empowers district staff to deliver world class instruction to all LCPS students
* Act as a single point of contact for all enterprise users requiring technical assistance or advice regarding IT services
* Document incidents and service requests; log, categorize and prioritize incidents according to established process and standards; resolve issues as appropriate or escalate to other teams for resolution
* Identify potential trends and log problems for recurring incidents to prevent problems from occurring, eliminate recurring incidents, and minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented
* Draft and publish district wide communications to keep users informed of progress, planned changes, service disruptions, and outages.
* Identify and diagnose technology related issues including devices, hardware, software, configuration and/or network systems in a timely and accurate manner
* Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify, create, and maintain knowledge base articles
* Maintain a comprehensive service catalog of existing, new, and retired service offerings and technologies offered by the district
* Test processes and services to provide feedback and recommendations based on analysis
* Monitor service levels and collaborate with other LCPS departments to improve outcomes
* Perform other related tasks and duties as required
* High school graduate or equivalent. ITIL Foundation, HDI Support Center Analyst or Desktop Support Technician certifications preferred.
* Demonstrated experience delivering customer service and technical support.
* Organized and detail oriented with the ability to deal with a high volume of varying technical issues.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate technical details to both technical and non-technical end-users.
* Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for prolonged periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds.