Market Research Consultant - Contract
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
3-5 month contract
Put your seasoned research skills and experience to work for one of the world's most trusted and respected news sources. As Senior Research Analyst for The Washington Post, you'll take on the responsibility of managing all aspects of our qualitative and quantitative consumer research projects: designing and developing research methodologies; drawing insights from research data to help executives make smart business decisions; create and deliver informative and engaging presentations on research findings; manage vendor contracts and questionnaires; and more. Working closely with our award-winning Newsroom, and our world-class Advertising and Marketing departments, you'll help pave the way for bigger and bolder successes in the future.
- Create/develop methodology for consumer research projects, including determining measurement approaches and dimensions intended to enhance study value
- Analyze research data used to assist executives in making informed decisions on branding and positioning The Washington Post, marketing to consumers, making changes to existing products, and new product launches
- Manage all phases of the research process, from study design to completion and reporting
- Manage vendor contracts and selection
- Develop questionnaire instruments for phone, web and mail surveys
- Coordinate the fielding of survey instruments
- Develop interview guides and coordinate logistics for focus groups and in-depth interviews
- Create/present customized presentations for internal and external clients
Support Advertising Sales by acting as the SME to the client around audience effectiveness and capabilities.
- Develop research and survey tools for custom/native content for our Brand Studio
- Act as the voice of the consumer on internal teams
- Transform insights into actionable information and recommendations for clients
- Master's degree
- 4+ years of experience in primary research for a vendor or corporation.
- Extensive experience with Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS (or similar data analysis tool), and Qualtrics (or other online survey tool)
- Experience working in/with the media industry (desired)
- Experience working on advertising effectiveness or other advertising-related research (desired)