Sparks Group has partnered with a local credit union to find a collections specialist. DO you have experience collecting on past due loans or accounts. Do you enjoy connecting with people and finding creative ways to bring their account current. If you have a few years collections experience and are looking for your next opportunity please apply online or give us a call today, 301-326-2525!
- Investigates and attempts to resolve consumer loans and credit cards that are 0 to 60 days delinquent with a primary focus on indirect and direct auto loans
- Contacts members by phone, email and mail and develops a mutually satisfactory plan to bring the loan payments up to date.
- Determines appropriate alternative action to resolve account if initial plan does not succeed in bringing the loan payments current as expected.
- Responsible for locating the individuals responsible for the loan payments and making them aware of the delinquency status.
- Evaluates the repayment history, the borrower's financial situation and loan type. The position determines the cause for nonpayment and whether it is a situation that can be altered. The position prepares the appropriate documentation and forwards recommendations for repossession or legal action to the Manager.
- Handles credit bureau disputes received from members through the E-OSCAR system or direct disputes from the member. Requires knowledge of various credit bureau issues, credit bureau terminology and ability to research member account history to determine the accuracy or inaccuracy of a member’s dispute.
- High school graduate with one to three years of collections experience. Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of State and Federal collection laws and procedures.Knowledge of Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and limited knowledge of bankruptcy law, contract law, etc.
- Knowledge of relevant repossession laws and demonstrate ability to research specifics of state repossession laws as these regulations can vary by state. (competencies)
- Applicants selected will be subject to a credit check to meet position eligibility requirements
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!