Corporate Giving Manager
SUMMARY: American Forests seeks a Corporate Giving Manager to assist with the development of external partnership opportunities and steward successful and sustainable corporate partnerships that support a growing organization. The Manager will service, renew and upgrade a portfolio of current corporate partners and collaborate on fundraising efforts (prospect research, outreach, solicitation, and stewardship) to meet specific annual goals. Reporting to the VP of Philanthropy, the Manager will work closely with the Director of Corporate Giving to develop strategies for acquiring and managing new accounts and assist in developing and implementing long-term corporate partnership strategies for both current and prospective partners. The Manager will also be responsible for various department administrative duties and will work closely with the entire American Forests staff.
REQUISITE EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required. Business and/or non-profit management focus preferred.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years minimum experience in non-profit fundraising and/or account management, as well as a genuine concern and passion for the environment. Other requirements include the ability to work independently, have strong business judgment and initiative, and be able to represent the organization in front of a variety of high-level business partners. Must also be able to work well in a team and treat others with respect and professional courtesy.
Excellent writing and communication skills required. Experience in grant writing and speaking with professionals from corporate, foundation, and program sectors a plus. Experience with Microsoft Office essential. Previous experience with CRM databases, and preparing department goals and budgets preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS: American Forests offers a competitive salary and benefits as well as many additional perks including summer hours and Metro stipend. American Forests is located in downtown Washington, D.C., within walking distance of Metro stations on all lines and multiple bus lines. Some travel (<10%) will be required outside of the Washington, D.C. area to engage with current and prospective corporate partners.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
- Stewardship of Current Partners: 40%
- Provide unsurpassed customer service to current partners including check-in calls, project updates, in-person meetings as needed, support for volunteer events, and Communications support all in an effort to renew and upgrade annual giving.
- Manage and renew or upgrade a portfolio of current partner relationships with total annual revenue of no less than $500,000.
- Oversee Small Business Partner program, managing existing partnerships and offering opportunities for improvement in enhancing and streamlining the initiative.
- Develop and update renewal calendar for all current corporate partners.
- Cultivation of New Partners: 25%
- Assist Director of Corporate Giving in identifying and attaining new corporate partners to achieve budgeted and programmatic goals.
- Respond to incoming requests for partnership information and schedule, prepare for and host 3-5 prospective partner calls per week.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of outreach strategies for all corporate partnership opportunities in conjunction with American Forests’ key programs and initiatives.
- Manage current prospect questions, touch points, follow up and requests for information, meetings, and proposals for companies with an anticipated annual giving level between $1,000 and $25,000.
- Assist corporate consultant, providing support, updated marketing materials and grant support as requested.
- Work closely with Director of Corporate Giving on corporate conference schedule including assistance with research, preparation of materials, booking meetings, and post-conference follow up.
- Organize 1-3 trips throughout the year to meet with current prospects and partners and network at corporate conferences and other events.
- Administrative: 25%
- Oversee corporate partner cash flow including sales report requests, preparation of weekly invoice list, management of all partner payment schedules, and follow up on outstanding invoices and pledges.
- Help maintain and manage corporate files and database including donor communications, record keeping and accounting as required.
- Assist with preparation and management of Corporate Development annual budget and goals.
- Prepare renewal and new partner agreements as needed
- Communications: 10%
- Work closely with Communications department to provide PR value to corporate partners while leveraging their communications resources to raise awareness of American Forests.
- Act as liaison with Communications Department including website updates and corporate partner additions, magazine articles and advertisements, social media content updates and posts and the holiday gift guide.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, résumé and a marketing and/or writing sample. Please state the job title in the subject line.