PROGRAM ANALYST (PLANS AND PROGRAMS)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicant must possess quality level experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Quality experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Examples of creditable experience include: Knowledge of the Department of Defense Planning, Programming, and Budgeting System (PPBS) and policy, procedures, and schedules for developing Program Objectives Memoranda (POM), Budget Estimate Submissions (BES) as well as methods for developing budget forecasts, cost projections, financial exhibits, unfunded requirements justifications, narratives, offsets and disconnects, and issue papers. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the Department of Defense Planning, Programming, and Budgeting System (PPBS) and policy, procedures, and schedules for developing Program Objectives Memoranda (POM), Budget Estimate Submissions (BES) as well as methods for developing budget forecasts, cost projections, financial exhibits, unfunded requirements justifications, narratives, offsets and disconnects, and issue papers.
2. Knowledge of Air Force, Defense Intelligence Enterprise (DIE), and other Service/Agency cyber/EW capabilities and related program goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key operational events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning and capability development actions as related to actual events.
3. Knowledge of the relationship of the various entities and infrastructure involved in overall planning and execution of complex procedures and techniques for the Test and Evaluation (T&E) of unique one-of-a-kind capabilities and concepts, and the methods in which the PPBS process supports them.
4. Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of plans and programs for managing, planning, budgeting and executing intelligence and operations utilizing diverse intelligence support structures and inter-agency cooperation on advanced concepts, principles and practices such as Cyberspace Operations Information Systems; multi-service/joint Electronic Warfare and radio frequency (RF) enabled capabilities; Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance systems; Special Communications; Collection Management and Operations; All-Source threat systems analysis and Multi-INT integration;; Planning, Programming, & Budgeting System (PPBS), acquisition, special operations, or similar operations.
5. Education and/or expert level of experience within the Management and Program Analysis Series field, as it applies to RDT&E projects and efforts within the intelligence arena, and a comprehensive knowledge and/or practical application within Contracting Office Representative (COR) and/or acquisition arena is desired
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Selectees who physically reside permanently in the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during the entire recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) and selected for employment in the foreign area are eligible to receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, Post Allowance, Home Leave, etc. (subject to approval)
Selectees who physically reside outside the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during any step of the recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) will have foreign area benefits eligibility be determined on a case by case basis.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance and Relocation Income Tax Allowance to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on these allowances and eligibilities, visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.