Education Program Specialist
Occasional travel - Travel within the United States and to overseas countries may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
.Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.
Applicants must meet ONE of the required basic entry qualification requirements described below:
A. Degree: that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to this position;
B. Combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in education, OR in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, PLUS appropriate experience OR additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in A above.
Note: All applicants WILL BE required to submit transcripts as verification of
educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. You MUST (1) submit a copy of your college transcript(s) with your application, and if selected, an official college transcript(s) will be required to verify education prior to employment; (2) transcripts MUST be legible AND include your name, major, school name/location, course
title/number, date completed, grade, and number of credits earned; (3) if your documents are on dark / color paper, you will need to
Xerox them to lighten them up in order for us to read them. If we cannot read the documents we cannot give you this credit; (4) if you
attended more than one college you MUST submit a transcript from each institution if you wish your education to be considered in qualifying you for this position; and (5) all college coursework that may be pertinent to qualifying you for the position MUST be included
on the transcripts. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you WILL lose consideration for this position.
IN ADDITION to meeting one of the basic entry qualifications requirements listed above, you MUST have at least 1 year of specialized experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service. Qualifying experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience in delivering multi-day training programs on leadership and management topics at the senior executive level; developing educational curriculum related to leadership and management at the senior executive level; designing courses, modules, and workshops that incorporate adult education principles and experiential learning techniques; writing course designs, course materials, student resource materials, educational aids, and similar educational materials; evaluating training, analyzing evaluation data, writing reports, and developing recommendations.
- Experience in using blended learning; applying educational technology and computer-based training.
- Experience in facilitating organizational development interventions: discussions, meetings, retreats/off sites, etc.; providing individual coaching at the senior executive level.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations@state.gov.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional vacancies in the same title, series, grade, and unit occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Under the provisions of the Direct-Hire Authority, veterans' preference does not apply.
For this announcement, all applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet the qualifications for this position, specifically the education, specialized experience, and knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) necessary to perform the work of the position. Applicants will not be rated or ranked. All applications that are verified to meet the required qualifications will be referred to the selecting official in the order in which the applications were received.
All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated by a resume. If, upon review, it is determined that your resume and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application will be removed from further consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
- Knowledge of theories, concepts, principles, and practices in the fields of senior leadership and management training.
- Knowledge of presentation methodologies and adult learning concepts.
- Skill in using educational technology as an integral methodology for training and instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to make decision based on information from a wide variety of sources.
- Ability to manage complex project and programs.
Please ensure that your resume and narrative responses provide enough detailed information to support your answers to the self-assessment questions.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply. All applicants interested in this position must apply online in order to receive consideration.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Secret