Management and Program Analyst, GS-0343-14
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- Planning, formulating and implementing workforce information system policies, programs, and initiatives designed to foster the implementation of acquisition, workforce management goals, and link these goals directly to attain its overall mission, program goals and objectives.
- Leading the design and production of reliable planning reports and information so program managers are able to assess feasibility and impact of workforce management issues and actions.
- Managing office’s initiatives and projects to ensure systems for a cohesive Human Capital and workforce planning strategic and implementation plan are well documented and supported.
- Analyzing and evaluating workforce needs, and implementing, evaluating and improving processes and procedures for monitoring the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of workforce forecasting approaches and tools.
The Office of Personnel management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule, C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
This position does not have a positive education requirement. If you are including education on your resume, report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. See Required Documents section for detail.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet Federal qualification requirements if you can show that your foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence with your application. See Recognition of Foreign Qualifications click here
Applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. At the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306. Certain responses on the form could pose a problem with suitability for employment determinations.
If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, or imprisonment.
DHS uses e-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about e-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities at click here
Recruitment incentives may be authorized.
Moving expenses will not be paid.
All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit.
For Veterans' preference eligibility, visit Veterans' Employment Resources. Veterans, Peace Corps/VISTA volunteers, and persons with disabilities possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the DHS mission. If you are a member of one of these groups, you may not have to compete with the public for federal jobs. To determine your eligibility and to understand the documentation that would be required with your application, click on the links above and contact the Servicing Human Resources Office listed at the bottom of this announcement.
More than 1 selection may be made from this announcement if additional identical vacancies in the same title, series, grade, and unit occur within 60 days from the date the certificate was issued.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application and hiring process, please contact 202-795-6275. Decisions on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Visit Reasonable Accommodation
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your résumé and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be referred for consideration. The following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities are needed to perform this job:
- Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for assessing and improving program effectiveness and complex management processes and systems.
- Knowledge of program management and organizational analysis principles, methods, practices and techniques; analytical methods; and interpersonal relations practices to develop new methods and approaches in planning, integrating and evaluation programs.
- Knowledge of the laws, policies, and regulations associated with a wide range of Human Capital expertise (e.g., recruitment, development, certification, performance management) and workforce management systems.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with senior management and study teams to accept recommendations, where studies and proposals involve substantial resources, require extensive changes in established concepts and procedures and may be in conflict with past precedence.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in the design, procurement, maintenance, modification and repair of acquisition workforce technology systems, and skill in applying this knowledge to the most difficult and complex assignments.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive