All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Demonstrates experience in data analytics, data mining, advanced modeling techniques and standard query language (SQL).
2. Demonstrates experience preparing and examining financial records and financial operations.
3. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills to compose and deliver responses to complex questions in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
4. Interprets and evaluates accounting information using a variety of analytical methods to provide recommendations.
5. Examines a variety of accounts, documents, records, related reports and processes to determine performance in accordance with appropriate procedures and regulations.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
2. Applies knowledge of commonly used financial management procedures and techniques to perform routine and repetitive clerical tasks.
3. Demonstrates experience using Microsoft Office suite (advanced Excel and PowerPoint), QuickBooks, and Microsoft Access.
1. Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
2. Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
a. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
b. A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
c. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24-semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI