ASSISTANT GENERAL COUNSEL
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills to compose and deliver responses to complex questions in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
2. Proven track record of promoting the values of teamwork, integrity, excellence, and service through one's own behaviors and expectations for others.
3. Manages complex activities, employing good judgment and sound principles.
4. Works as a team member and leader, sharing information with colleagues and others across the Agency and Intelligence Community on best practices and lessons learned
5. Analyzes key information and evaluates the effectiveness of alternative solutions, courses of action, and strategies needed to address complex, controversial, and multi-faceted issues
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. (U) In depth knowledge of the legal aspects of personnel law.
2. (U) Working knowledge of FOIA, and federal and international civil and criminal law.
Assignments require the first professional law degree (LL.B. or J.D.) and active membership in the bar of the highest court of a State, U.S. commonwealth, U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia. In addition, the attorney shall have professional legal experience in excess of 3 years that is commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position. Attorneys performing duties in GS-14, GS-15, or equivalent-level positions, are expected to perform with substantial independence even when working on the most complex or difficult matters.
1. Juris Doctor in Education, General
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI