7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- U.S Citizenship is required.
- Registration with the Selective Service (if applicable).
- Suitability for Federal employment determined by background investigation.
- Two-year trial period may be required.
- Must submit transcripts and current proof of bar membership.
- Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-450) may be required.
- Education - Must have graduated from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association. (Note: You must submit copies of your transcripts to verify that you meet this requirement); AND
- Bar Requirement - Must be a current member in good standing of the bar of a State or Territory of the United States or the District of Columbia or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico bar association. (Note: You must submit proof of bar membership (letter or card)); AND
- Professional Experience - Must have 2 years of professional law experience after admission to the bar.
Applicants must have at least one full-time year (12 months) of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service (or private sector equivalent) which provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Specialized Experience - Must demonstrate knowledge and skills in researching, drafting, briefing, or otherwise making substantive contributions to work products involving congressional legislative, activities, and/or inquiries/information requests. In addition, posses strong writing, advocacy and negotiation skills.
Please Note: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Security and Background Requirements: A Public Trust High Risk background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
Career Transition Program (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Documentation: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee eligible for consideration under the CTAP or ICTAP, you MUST submit proof of eligibility. Appropriate documentation such as a reduction-in-force (RIF) separation notice, an SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You MUST also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record along with your application package. Those eligible for consideration will need to be rated as well-qualified at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position in order to exercise selection priority. For more information about ICTAP, go to: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education, and training will be rated using a job questionnaire that is based on the following competencies needed to perform this job:
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Political Savvy
- Written Communication
- Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
- Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of evaluation criteria.
- Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Your resume must document specialized experience and support your responses to the vacancy questions Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No