Health Technician (Call Center)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You qualify at the GS-05 level, if you meet one of the following qualification requirements:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your ability to review and verify diet orders; communicate with patients and patient care staff and use computerized systems; and enter patient information into a medical system;
A full 4 year course of study leading to bachelor's degree with a major study or at least 24 semester hours that are directly related to the work of the position (i.e.food, nutrition, or dietetics).
A combination of post high school education and specialized experience that meets the qualification requirements for this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10265724
If you qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application packages. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education
- - This position is designated as an "emergency essential" position and the selected candidate will be considered an "emergency essential" employee and will be required to be available, ready, willing, and able to report for duty under all circumstances (e.g., inclement weather, government closings and holidays, lapses in appropriations, non-emergency and emergency situations) for operation 24 hours a day and 365 days per year coverage.
- -If selected, you will be covered by a bargaining unit (union).
- -This position requires weekend hours, night hours, and holiday hours.
- -You must be able to lift and move heavy items weighing 35 lbs.
- - A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- - If selected, you must pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- - We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement.
- - The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- - The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- - Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- - Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- - Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and any other requirements. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No