Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Education: A doctoral degree in Pharmacy that is recognized by the http://Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (external link) (ACPE) or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (external link) at the time the degree was obtained.
Licensure: All applicants must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements above, applicants must demonstrate in their resume at least one (1) year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal Government or obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: providing inpatient pharmacy services and preparing the complete range of sterile products (parenteral, enteral, and parenteral nutrition, and intravenous additives for a large medical facility); interfacing with physicians in the design of drug treatment plans; designing, conducting and participating in studies, audits and evaluations concerning drug utilization; providing drug information to physicians, nurses and patients on investigational drugs being utilized; compounding drugs as prescribed, including IV and chemotherapy drugs; teaching pharmacy techniques/procedures to other pharmacists.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10241080
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
- A one-year trail/probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- If selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE Form 450 to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This information is required annually. For information, visit the NIH Ethics website: https://ethics.od.nih.gov/topics/fd.htm.
- At the supervisor's discretion, this position may offer work schedule flexibilities: [telework, flexible schedules].
- This position is designated as a "non-emergency/teleworker" position and the selected candidate will be considered a "non-emergency/teleworker" employee. In the event of a closure, you must be available to telework or request leave.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. If you need any other accommodation or assistance with applying please contact at .
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. You will be evaluated against the basic qualifications. Qualified applicants will be referred for consideration in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management direct hire guidelines. Veterans' Preference does not apply to the direct hire recruitment procedures.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and all other requirements.