Digital Communications Associate - The Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation
6 days left
- Full Time
Digital Communications Associate - The Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation
WHO WE ARE
The Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation is an experiential hub at Georgetown University that mobilizes talent to drive social impact at scale. We incubate and spread cutting edge ideas. We create unconventional networks of government, private and social sector leaders who come together to solve complex problems. And we equip and train students, practitioners,
Social impact at scale is our goal. Moving from innovation to scale requires a systematic approach to delivering exponential, not marginal, outcomes. At its core, our approach leverages the tools of data, technology, policy and finance, and embeds collaboration, transparency and inclusion to improve people's lives.
As part of Georgetown University, we are committed to the common good. We believe that the global economy and the systems that underpin it should work for everyone. That the most groundbreaking ideas and technology should be directed to improving the lives of everyone, not just delivering financial returns for a few. And that government and the social and private sectors should work together to restore trust between institutions and the people they serve.
WHAT WE NEED
The Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation seeks a Digital Communications Associate as we move from our early “startup” phase to a “scale up” strategy. We are looking for a dynamic, innovative and collaborative executor who will integrate a digital-first approach into our operations. The Digital Communications Associate is a core hire to articulate our work and advance our mission to scale social impact.
You are an energetic professional with emerging experience in digital communications and/or online marketing who wants to grow in your career in an entrepreneurial setting. You understand how to execute quality digital communications as part of a larger communications strategy, excel in collaboration, and have proven success as a reliable team player.
The Digital Communications Associate will work with our new Director of Communications + Marketing and our Deputy Director to implement our communications plan, which was designed for our scale up strategy. You will play an important role in our communications and outreach capacity towards several key goals: creating and driving a digital strategy that optimizes our online presence and conveys our highly credible and new approach to problem solving via appealing digital formats, leveraging social media to drive engagement of our key audiences through our ideas and content, and supporting our ability to integrate strategic communications across all verticals of our work.
The ideal candidate has digital experience working in the social sector, is a self-starter, strong project manager, detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage competing priorities alongside unanticipated requests, and effective communicator who will be motivated to help a team of senior leaders and visionary thinkers articulate and advance their ideas in the digital landscape.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Digital Communications Associate will work closely with the Director of Communications + Marketing to develop and implement the Beeck Center's digital campaigns. The Digital Communications Associate will oversee the day-to-day functioning of the center's digital properties including email communications, social media properties, website, and any other online communications.
The Digital Communications Associate will create and repurpose digestible and accessible content, work with staff to maintain an editorial and content calendar, grow the Beeck Center's digital followers, assist in marketing Beeck Center products, manage analytics and metrics, and establish and control a consistent digital voice for the Beeck Center.
Core responsibilities, however others may be assigned as necessary:
- Manage the day-to-day digital properties of the Beeck Center, including social media engagement.
- Set, track, and communicate progress on goals for engagement and growth.
- Create and aggregate content to distribute across digital properties.
- Produce updated content on the Beeck Center website.
- Manage the Beeck Center's email lists.
- Design innovative campaigns to articulate the Beeck Center's approach and products.
- Manage the Beeck Center's digital tools and provide trainings for internal users.
- Advise senior leaders and fellows on their personal digital properties, establishing best practices for amplifying the Beeck Center's work.
The responsibilities of the Digital Communications Associate may also encompass other areas as time allows and need demands.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 1-3 years of work experience in digital and/or online marketing in a nonprofit organization, private sector company, foundation, or government agency
- You have experience in an organization with designated digital communications resources.
- You're confident writing, and can do so quickly and well.
- You can motivate colleagues to deliver what you need to execute strong digital content.
- You have experience in paid and organic content.
- You understand the importance of strategy versus execution. You can understand and contribute to a high-level strategy and dig in to your role as a strong executor who can make it come to life.
- You are comfortable with (or are comfortable learning) all of the production aspects of email delivery.
- You understand and value testing, from simple subject lines and timing to more complicated content.
- You can maintain the Beeck Center website, making updates and producing content with specifications for the web property.
- Belief in the Beeck Center's mission to bring lasting change to the world and solutions for people by scaling social impact.
- Creativity and enthusiasm for branded, high quality, well designed communications.Experience producing and distributing digital content, including web development.
- Understanding of differentiated creative and innovative solutions - including digital advertising, email marketing, content creation, influencer engagement, blogger relations, media management, and relationship building.
- Natural tendency to be nimble, adaptable, collaborative, approachable, and calm and collected under pressure.
- Understanding of metrics to measure success of digital inputs.
- Ability to work collaboratively, both as part of a managed team and as a driver of good ideas.
HOW TO APPLY
This position is based in Washington, DC. Salary is commensurate with experience and compensation includes a generous benefits package, including tuition assistance and generous retirement contributions.
Applicants must submit both a cover letter and a resume.
No calls, please.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.