Equipment Manager - Hoya Athletics
6 days left
- Full Time
Equipment Manager - Hoya Athletics
The Equipment Manager assists in the annual procurement of approximately $1 million in athletics apparel, equipment and footwear and participates in activities related to the purchase, storage, issuance and return, and repair of athletic equipment, clothing and uniforms for Georgetown University inter collegiate sports teams and athletics department staff. S/he adheres to operational policies and procedures in order to maintain full compliance with NCAA and University regulations, as well as compliance with terms of contracts with manufacturers. Reporting to the Director of Equipment Operations, the Equipment Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
Equipment and Apparel
- Assists in maintaining a computerized inventory control and POS system for all equipment room stock, including adherence to security procedures to prevent inventory losses.
- Ensures the availability of uniforms and equipment for practice, all home and away contests.
- Ensures equipment and apparel is properly prepared for post-season participation.
- Works with the Director to coordinate the purchase of new equipment, uniforms and clothing with the athletics business office, sport administrators, coaches and vendor representatives.
- Prepares and maintains related records and files.
- Participates in the maintenance and repair of athletic equipment, uniforms and facilities.
- Inspects equipment for defects.
- Collects and cleans soiled clothing items.
- Inspects and maintains locker rooms to ensure clean and sanitary operational environment.
- Assists in the receipt of all department packages and coordinates drop off times with several parcel services.
- Handles Local delivery and pick up of product for the purpose of embellishment and repairs of team and department products.
- Assists in the planning and procurement of water and soft drink deliveries and distribution for internal use at team events.
- Transports and sets up of sideline communication for all Football/Men's Lacrosse games.
- Assists in the oversight and distribution of annual participation and postseason awards for student-athletes in full compliance with NCAA and University regulations.
- Assists in the fulfillment of authorized orders for Georgetown athletics memorabilia.
- Assists in the organization and execution of ordering and distribution of varsity letter awards.
- Assists in the coordination and maintenance of the efficient operation of all department vehicles, identifying and reporting items requiring maintenance and repair, and scheduling vehicles for repair and preventive maintenance - including maintenance of vehicle damage and condition reports.
- Assists in scheduling and maintaining a computerized event management system for all equipment department vehicles.
- Assists in the coordination of scheduling of buses for team and student transportation to home men's basketball games.
Supervision and Management
- Supervises and manages interns, volunteers, and student workers.
- Provides leadership, direction and instruction for these positions.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in athletics equipment, preferably at the NCAA Division I or Professional Athletics level.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules regarding equipment and apparel
- Proficiency with applicable computer software programs (e.g., inventory tracking systems)
- AEMA certification or certifiable
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Valid driver's license with good driving record and insurability
- Availability and willingness to work weekends and evenings
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.