Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Part-Time Administrative Coordinator
The George Mason University Center for Climate Change Communication (4C) within the Department of Communication is seeking a qualified part-time Administrative Coordinator based at a remote site near Masonâ€™s Fairfax campus in the Commerce Building. The position will require 20 hours per week. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Administrative Coordinator serves as the first point of contact for 4C on administrative issues; keeps the office open during normal business hours; assists the faculty with meetings and events; and provides excellent service to our faculty, staff, and students. In addition to general administrative duties, responsibilities for this versatile support position include:
- Handling the daily administrative processes necessary to maintain 4C;
- Greeting and directing visitors;
- Responding to general phone, e-mail, and in-person questions;
- Receiving, sorting, sending, and replying to 4C mail and e-mail, while directing and distributing inquiries to appropriate faculty and staff;
- Assisting with the processing of travel authorizations and reimbursements for 4C faculty, Graduate Assistants, select guests, and others;
- Helping manage the office budget, especially in regards to ordering office equipment, while maintaining the stock of office supplies;
- Assisting with the processing of invoices and vouchers for 4C;
- Assisting with website maintenance and updating relevant parts of the website, as requested;
- Maintaining 4C databases containing contact information for faculty, staff, vendor, and partners;
- Coordination of Center-sponsored events;
- Managing the 4C members calendars (i.e. meetings, events, and travel);
- Following up on pending actions;
- May supervise some administrative hourly wage and student wage employees; and
- Additional office management tasks and projects as assigned. Required Qualifications:
- Assist with technical support for office equipment;
- Manage and complete projects and requests from multiple people in a timely manner;
- Learn administrative tasks quickly and willing to take on new projects;
- Communicate and work effectively while building and maintaining positive relationships with Mason faculty, staff, students, the general public and external audiences;
- Maintain strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Maintain exceptional written and verbal communication skills; and
- Work independently and function effectively in working teams. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience;
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Prior work experience aligned with the administrative and fiscal responsibilities of a support position in a university setting;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, database expertise, and e-mail and network applications;
- Experience with WordPress;
- Knowledge of university procedures, policies, and regulations;
- Ability to work within university information systems;
- Flexibility in responding to new projects and assignments as they arise.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :