Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Office Manager, VA-SBIRT
George Mason University, College of Health and Human Services, School of Nursing, Virginia Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (VA-SBIRT) Project is seeking an Office Manager to support the Project Director for several federally funded grants as well as assigned Coordinators. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
All federally funded programs revolve around integration of behavioral health and substance use practices into medical setting. The largest program, Virginia SBIRT, is a statewide initiative that aims to develop and implement a sustainable model to increase provider training and statewide access to screening, prevention, early intervention, and treatment for substance use disorders with a focus on serving the Northern Virginia and Shenandoah Valley regions.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as Office Manager for multiple integrated care projects;
- Schedules meeting and appointments for Director;
- Maintains supply inventory for the VA-SBIRT Project;
- Assists Director and assigned Coordinators on projects and reports as necessary;
- May assist in compiling and submitting data requests;
- Photocopies and prepares documents for Director and assigned Coordinators;
- Prepares and tracks professional correspondence with state agency, and practice and referral sites;
- Monitors financial accounts for the projects, reconciles the assigned state and training accounts monthly, and follows university and state procurement guidelines;
- Coordinates and assists with planning project-related conferences or presentations
- Completes travel reservations and mileage submissions for Director and team members
- Acts as point of contact between Director and assigned Coordinators to various campus departments and practice sites; communicates on behalf of Director to outside agencies as necessary; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Required Qualifications: The successful candidate should have a demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in accomplishing a variety of tasks under deadlines; commendable customer service and computer skills; extensive experience in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); commendable organizational and correspondence skills; and the ability to be a team player.
Preferred Qualifications: A bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and experience working with healthcare organizations.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply online at http://jobs.gmu.edu for position number 10517z by August 28, 2018; complete the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references with their contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-08-28