Part-time Faculty, Meteorology
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitlePart-time Faculty, Meteorology
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Takoma Park / Silver Spring Campus, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Meteorology. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach meteorology courses, including discussion and labs, if needed.
• Conduct assigned classes in accordance with the catalog description, the course syllabi, and the stipulations of the College.
• Be available for student consultation.
• Participate, when possible, in departmental meetings.
• Hold every scheduled class, including the final examination, the full scheduled number of minutes during the scheduled time in the scheduled location.
• Maintain standards of teaching consistent with the standards of the department and the College.
• Submit a copy of the syllabi, along with the course materials, to the department.
• Submit midterm and final grades on time.
• Return final exams to the department.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• A Master's Degree in Meteorology or a strongly related field.
• At least 18 semester hours of graduate-level courses in Meteorology or related courses.
• Strong communication skills.
• Community college teaching experience.
• Use of technology in instruction.
• Experience designing and/or setting up group laboratory experiments.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
- include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.