Senior Manager, Change Management (1168-679)
The Senior Manager for Change Management will develop and implement the change management function and overall strategy within a matrixed organization. This person will be responsible for accelerating the ownership and adoption for change efforts across USP. This role will partner with leadership and stakeholders across the organization to build, maintain and solidify proven methods. Over time, he/she will build consistent approaches, principles, tools and templates for use by sponsors, leaders and program managers across USP. The position will report to the Director, Staff Engagement Office.Roles and Responsibilities
Establish the change management function for USP in alignment with related initiatives and approaches:
- Integrate and align with relevant stakeholders to develop a change management framework for USP
- Maximize change adoption through the design, development, and execution of change leadership strategies, methodologies (e.g., tools and templates) and plans for a consistent approach to change management across USP.
Provide guidance and consultation to Program and Project Managers to:
- Ensure change management is incorporated into projects across USP.
- Coach and support teams regarding the use of change leadership tools and methodologies to engage stakeholders and sustain culture change
- Build knowledge and skills capability across the organization on change management principles
- Advise or conduct all relevant aspects of cross-functional change analysis and documentation across USP.
For large change efforts, partner with Program and Project Managers on the design, development and implementation of change management/communications strategies across impacted key staff groups as needed
Serve as a coach for senior leaders in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor
Provide guidance on the creation and execution of change management plans for change management team deliverables including but not restricted to business readiness, training and communication and sustainability
Manage complex, cross functional, stakeholder alignment and issue resolution using sophisticated executive influence skills. Facilitate change management team meetings as needed to achieve change objectives.
Develop and administer assessments to measure stakeholder, organization and user change readiness and adoption metrics and goals
Collaborates and networks with others to fully understand projects scope stakeholders and change impact associated to the organization
Develops change management plans and other change management deliverables based on awareness of the details of change and groups impacted
Support and direct project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans and provides direct support and coaching to employees and management as they work through transition
Uses systems thinking methodologies to envision and accomplish change management objectives.Basic Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with minor or certification in Change Management or relevant field
Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in business management and/or project management
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in change management
People management experience
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular