Software Developer Job Description:
A provider of secure satellite communication services to the US Government, is looking for a mid-level software developer that will work in Reston, VA as a part of the IT Engineering group to support current applications and build the next generation toolset.
The company’s IT Engineering uses the latest and greatest in technology in server virtualization, data storage and software toolsets and tries to be a few steps ahead of the business needs curve to be ready and deliver when the business needs it. For a person who shares a similar passion and prides on rapidly delivering scalable solutions, we offer the right environment to thrive and grow.
The Software Developer will be a part of matrix teams consisting of other developers, analysts, engineers and users. This position will have design, development and deployment responsibilities for sections of the company’s information systems. The Software Developer will have hands on responsibility to collect requirements, develop new software/fix bugs, test it and deploy it.
- Work in a matrixed team consisting of users, analysts and engineers to gather functional and technical requirements
- Design and develop scalable enterprise software systems – web applications, console applications, web services, application libraries etc.
- Work with enterprise integration, message queuing and reporting platforms to deliver software solutions
- Design and develop application software modules that support software reuse
- Develop custom application software to meet company and customer needs in areas of network device management, large volume batch data processing, real-time data processing and real-time UI
- Application development and support using formal specifications and other design techniques
- Create software applications following programming standards
- Maintain version history of software source code
- Support maintenance and troubleshooting of third party software tools
- Develop prototypes to established requirements and design
- Take responsibility for their deliverables
- Provide end-user technical support as needed
- Progressively growing knowledge of software design, development, concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience in the following is required
- Data and system architecture and design
- Object Oriented design and programming concepts (enterprise Java and .NET)
- SQL databases (SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres etc.)
- NoSQL database
- Using APIs, Web Service interfaces etc. to create integrated applications (with other applications such as Remedy, SalesForce.com etc.)
- Create real-time data processing systems and user interfaces
- Strong Interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Should be able to collaborate with others on the team to devise technology solutions
- Should be able to work independently without a lot of oversight
- Ability to learn and keep up with new technology
- Must be a team player that can work well in a diverse environment of skills and experience
- Highly Desired Skills
- Work with network devices such as Switches, Routers, Satellite Modems using SNMP and other device specific or custom protocols
- It will be strong plus to have prior experience in UNIX/Linux environments and tools such as Perl, PHP, Shell scripting
- Understand engineering concepts and be able to work with and develop software the communicates with networking gear
Should be able to obtain a government security clearance.
Apply for Software Developers
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly