The City of Takoma Park seeks a part-time Grant Coordinator to administer its grant programs and select departmental contracts for services. Programs assigned to this position may include, but are not limited to, small grants to community and neighborhood groups, STEAM grants for nonprofits, emergency assistance grants to the community's low income residents, down payment assistance for first time homebuyers, and the Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. The hourly wage for this 20-hour per week position ranges from $26.91 to $30.47, commensurate upon experience. This position is subject to membership in the AFSCME Union.
Major Duties and Essential Functions:
- Development and maintenance of strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders including foundations, nonprofit service providers, County and State agencies, and other departmental staff
- Identification of grant opportunities to advance organizational goals and priorities; coordination and preparation of authorized grant applications; coordination of awarded grants; execution and processing of grant agreements; monitoring of grant activity for compliance with funding agency requirements; assisting in the completion of required reports; payment of invoices and facilitation of reimbursement requests
- Development and solicitation of applications for City grant programs; coordination of selection process; development of grant documents; monitoring of grant activities as assigned; scheduling and conducting site visits; management of related documents; processing of invoices; evaluation of performance of vendor
- Development and solicitation of request for proposals for identified contract for service needs; coordination of selection process; development of contract documents; monitoring of services as assigned; processing of invoices; evaluation of performance of vendor; management of related documents
- Development, planning, and coordination of educational programming and training for prospective applicants, grantees and sub recipients
- Development of material for the Takoma Park City Newsletter; use of social media to promote programs and funding opportunities; monitoring and maintenance of select sections of the website
- Monitoring and evaluation of City funded grant programs; development of recommendations for program modifications
- Provision of staff support to the Grants Review Committee; scheduling and coordination of meetings, assisting in preparation of agendas, development of background materials and meeting minutes; recruitment of new members
- Maintenance of paper and electronic files, databases and mailing lists
- Serving on assigned staff committees
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field, or
- Experience sufficient to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship / internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the state in which the employee resides for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The following materials must be included with your submission. They can be uploaded under "Documents":
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample (maximum length two pages)
Submissions that do not include these documents will not be considered.