76% or greater - 100% business travel
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as performing duties that include: 1) Managing and analyzing operations, plans, and logistical programs, and 2) Synchronizing and managing simultaneous movement of operations to enable units to deploy/redeploy personnel and equipment; and 3) Providing recommendations and implementing corrective action while overseeing storage, maintenance, and equipment accountability along with personnel accountability. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-02/GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Manages Resources
- Oral Communication
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- You will be required to undergo a background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for Secret security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history or an adverse credit history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
- Selection for assignment to this position requires passing appropriate physical examination for overseas duty.
- Prior to appointment to this position, you must sign a statement documenting your consent to be immunized with the complete anthrax vaccination
series and subsequent annual boosters.
- Position requires employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
- Position is designated as Emergency Essential. The person selected for this position must sign a statement of understanding and an agreement to continue to perform the duties of this position in the event of a crisis until relieved by proper authority. Members of Ready Reserve must be released from reserve status to go into emergency essential positions.
- This position requires you to work overtime, including 10-14 hour workdays.
- This position requires the incumbent to possess a valid U.S. driver's license.
- This position requires the incumbent to obtain and maintain a valid regular or official Passport.
- Position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE 3 years by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further compeition.
- Position may be filled as a Term appointment NTE 3 years, if the candidate is not a current permanent Army employee. Term appointments may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
- PCS expenses will NOT be paid.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.