Campus Dean of George Mason University Korea
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Campus Dean of George Mason University Korea
The Campus Dean of George Mason University Korea (GMUK) will report directly to the Provost and Executive Vice President through the Mason Korea (MK), LLC board. This position will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of campus programs and operations in full alignment with the main campus in Virginia; leading in the development of academic offerings and research programs in close collaboration with main campus faculty, staff and academic leadership; developing and expanding learning and career opportunities for students; promoting faculty development inclusive of research, teaching and service; promoting faculty and staff wellbeing; implementing university and program policies; facilitating and supporting faculty and student exchanges and staff coordination with the main campus; and other related duties as assigned. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Academic Affairs, Enrollment, and Student Affairs
- Develops strategic plan for the intermediate and long-term development of GMUK in collaboration with faculty, staff, and other key stakeholders in Songdo and Fairfax;
- Develops and implements recruiting, retention, and student support strategies to grow vibrant and sustaining enrollment;
- Creates and sustains an environment that fosters positive faculty, staff, and student engagement and collaboration, academic rigor, instructional excellence, and research productivity;
- Maintains standards and academic alignment with the main campus that sustain institutional and programmatic accreditations;
- Develops and maintains excellence in instructional and research programs through the recruitment and retention of qualified faculty and staff;
- Promotes effective faculty performance and development in teaching, research, and professional service;
- Ensures the maintenance of a positive student culture that integrates rigorous individual and collaborative academic achievement and support;
- Ensures comprehensive and effective student support from admission to graduation, and beyond;
- Develops a culture of research, scholarship, and/or professional activity to cultivate a vibrant academic environment;
- Maintains close and collaborative relationships with deans, department chairs, and other key academic leaders at the main campus.
Administration and Operations
- Provides effective leadership, direction, and support in implementing the vision, mission, strategic plan, and core commitments of GMUK campus;
- Maintains close and collaborative relationships with key administrative leaders at the main campus;
- Oversees the budget and operational framework of GMUK;
- Develops, communicates, and achieves short and long-term goals, outcomes, and initiatives as approved by the MK LLC board;
- Provides recommendations regarding the resources needed to carry out the mission of GMUK;
- Promotes an environment that fosters respect for diversity and inclusion;
- Promote intra- and inter-campus collaboration and communication.
- Provides academic and educational leadership through the personal example of his or her own professional accomplishments, and through systematic engagement and communication with key stakeholders, including but not limited to faculty, staff, and students at GMUK and the main campus, the employers, government agencies and the community at large;
- Initiates and supports the development of sustaining strategic, academic partnerships and collaborations with academic, community, and government entities in South Korea, East Asia, Northern Virginia and beyond.
- Earned doctorate;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Prior administrative experience at a comparable organization;
- Ability to create a climate of excellence in teaching, research, mentoring, and scholarship;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and equity;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with multiple constituencies.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position MKLLC4 at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :