Associate Network Engineer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The team the Associate Network Engineer, Core Infrastructure Engineering will be part of is responsible for the architecture, design and engineering of the IntelsatOne core network infrastructure in alignment to the business drivers for revenue generating products and services. The group will perform core terrestrial network infrastructure design requirement analysis, development of infrastructure architectures, network topology designs, infrastructure and terrestrial circuit life-cycle management. The team will also establish and maintain the bandwidth management policies and traffic engineering of the IntelsatOne network. This team will closely align with the Planning, Deployment, IT, Innovation, CSE and Product Marketing groups. In cooperation with the Network Engineering team, this position will also assist Terrestrial Capacity Planning with adding more infrastructure capacity when needed, and provide level 3 infrastructure support.Critical Responsibilities
- Support the team on existing and proposed network infrastructure architecture to ensure streamlined integration.
- Proactive identification of system dependencies and project scope changes.
- Provide level 3 infrastructure support to the operations team.
- Usage of analytical skills to resolve issues related to source data and/or systems.
- Ensure that best practice procedure is incorporated from a multiple department perspective, within your defined role and responsibility.
- Understanding of structured design, deployment, end-to-end service flow and testing.
- Implement and validate fault and performance systems before implementation is complete.
- Participate in meetings and activities to support Network Engineering projects and initiatives.
- Documentation of designs, architecture and site architecture drawings.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline.
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Desired Certifications: Cisco/Juniper Networking certifications.
- Ability to analyze situations and utilize problem solving abilities under pressure.
- Strong ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Visio.
- Python or similar coding language expertise
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.