Talent Acquisition Representative
The EMMES Corporation is seeking a newly created position for a Talent Acquisition Representative due to growth located in our Rockville, Maryland or Frederick, Maryland office.
The EMMES Corporation, established in 1977, is a privately-owned Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Vancouver, Canada and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We offer statistical support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation.
The Talent Acquisition Representative is a newly created opening due to growth. This opportunity is anticipated to be an ideal position for the selected hire to play a key role in shaping how Emmes finds and attracts talent to our growing workforce. The Talent Acquisition Representative holds accountability for working with talent acquisition leadership to build out key talent programs including the internship program, diversity and inclusion programs, and strategic staffing for targeted regions of growth. In addition to holding responsibility for talent program initiatives, this role will participate in providing inputs for an Emmes run training program to align forecasted hiring and training needs.
- Effectively utilize proactive communication avenues to build positive relationships with all levels of the organization in a fast-paced client service driven environment
- Works collaboratively across the Emmesary Resources Center (ERC) as an active participant for all staff needs and consistently displays the team values of communication, quality, service, teamwork, and trust in day to day activities
- In coordination with Talent Acquisition leadership, manages key programs for the department including internship, diversity and inclusion, and strategic sourcing initiatives for growth regions
- Participates in meetings to facilitate technical training needs for incoming staff and makes recommendations aligned with projected hiring
- Review and consistently update the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to manage candidate records throughout the recruitment cycle, ensuring records are accurately updated and/or dispositioned during each phase
- Coordinate interview details including providing a high level of responsiveness, communication, and follow-up for interview scheduling activities including travel arrangements and expenses
- Organize and align complex calendars and time zones to schedule interviews and meetings
- Manage written and verbal communications with candidates throughout the interview process
- Provide effective candidate sourcing techniques by utilizing industry associations, professional associations and social media networks to build pipelines of talent
- Post and accurately maintain job advertisements, including managing social media avenues
- Conduct initial phone screens with candidates to determine minimal qualifications and career goals
- Process and complete references and background checks in coordination with legally compliant practices
- Manage storage of personnel files in paper and online formats, ensuring consistency and accuracy of compliant practices in conjunction with talent acquisition team
- Prepare and participate in key recruiting events including career fairs, Emmes’ open houses, government events, and university sponsored partnership meetings
- Provide Skype, Go To Meeting and other related video/audio conference setup and support
- Review, process, and file monthly billing invoices in a timely manner
- Prepare meeting agendas, take and transcribe concise minutes, and accurately file notes for future reference, ensuring updates to actionable items are understood and captured
- As assigned, manage special projects that advance the mission of the talent acquisition team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or Sociology preferred with a minimum of three or more years experience beyond Bachelors degree; seven or more years of related work history in a human resources role with talent acquisition duties considered in lieu of degree
- Understanding of compliance hiring requirements for a government contractor desired
- Prior work history managing and deploying a diversity and inclusion program to attract diverse talent
- Experience working in varied human resource functions with ability to answer questions or direct staff to appropriate team member in the areas of talent acquisition, facilities, training, benefits, immigration, and/or employee relations strongly desired
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System required, Taleo Business Edition (TBE), ICims, ADP, Kenexa Brass Ring, SAP Success Factors, and/or Jobvite; TBE preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite Applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail and follow-up
- Experience using social media tools including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required; fluency in a secondary language desired
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
The EMMES Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.