HW675 - Chief Enterprise Architect - SNIS Executive Tier 1
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The ODNI uses a rank-in-person system in which rank is attached to the individual. A selected ODNI candidate or other Federal Government candidate will be assigned to the position at the employee's current GS grade and salary.
For a selected non-Federal Government candidate, salary will be established within the salary range listed above, based on education and experience.
A current Federal Government employee, selected for a detail, will be assigned to the position at his or her current grade and salary.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs):
Deliver architectural initiatives informed by mission needs and improve efficiency in line with IC mission and business strategy.
Advise executive leadership on critical aspects of the IC's architecture (strategic, security, mission/business, data/information, applications and/or infrastructure), standards, and IT policies.
Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies and gain organizational commitment for enterprise level architecture and infrastructure initiatives.
Understand how policy is made at the national, IC, and agency levels and how internal and external policies can influence the enterprise architectural plans and artifacts.
Develop, communicate, and deploy enterprise architecture governance processes ensuring they are fair, consistent, and transparent to guide enterprise architecture decision making, taking into account other Government equities (i.e. DOD) architecture Governance policies and procedures.
Review new & existing intelligence enterprise program/project architecture for compliance with IT standards policies and architectural plans and mitigate the gaps between the current and future intelligence enterprise state.
Provide strategic direction and technical oversight pertaining to the implementation of new tools, technologies, solutions, and methodologies.
Interpret and adhere to agency &. federal level technology standards.
Understand how the IC budget process aligns with the annual budgeting timelines for the White House and the Congress.
Track and apply innovative and existing technologies, anchoring them in the IC business model to assess their potential, and use rapid prototyping approaches to evolve innovations.
Collaborate with agencies, federal partners, industry, FFRDCs, etc. to run technology experiments, helping to create new products and services and integrating the best of these into steady-state operation for the IC.
- Certification as an IT architect or enterprise architect from the Open Group, FEAC, or other industry recognized IT architecture certification program preferred.
- Knowledge of IT related disciplines: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including a basic understanding of various SDLC methodologies such as agile and waterfall and their appropriate usage.
- Knowledge of modeling approaches: Unified Modeling Language (UML), Business Process Modeling, Data Modeling.
- Deep understanding of data architecture approaches (e.g., TOGAF), industry standards and best practices (e.g., DMBOK).
- Strong technical skills with data technologies (e.g., Master Data Management, Enterprise Data Warehouses, Operational Data Stores, Database Management Systems, Business Intelligence).
- Practical experience with, and a strong understanding of design approaches for Enterprise Data Warehouses.
- Expert data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts).
- Must have an enterprise perspective to data and how the data drives business value.
- Experience with ETL concepts, Cognos and OBIEE tools.
- Experience with Master Data Management tools.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience; 5 or more years of business experience in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis; 10 or more years in enterprise applications.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external leaders and ability to network and coordinate across the IC.
The ODNI is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: The ODNI provides reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities. IF YOU NEED A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Intelligence Community Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Office Representative by classified email at DNI-EEOD-RA-ACF@exchange.cia.ic.gov, by unclassified email at DNI-EEOD@dni.gov, by telephone at 703-874-8360, by TTY at 703-874-8554, or by FAX at 703-874-8651. Your request for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE EEOD EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS EMAIL IS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE 'HOW TO APPLY' SECTION BELOW.
JOB INTERVIEW TRAVEL: Candidates from outside the Washington, D.C., area may be selected for a telephone, teleconference, or in-person interview. If selected for an in-person interview, the ODNI hiring office will pay for travel by commercial carrier (economy class) or reimburse for privately owned vehicle (POV) mileage. If applicable, the candidate also will be reimbursed at a flat rate for commercial lodging and per diem.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the position description and required KSAs and then construct their resumes to highlight their most relevant and significant experience and education for this job opportunity. The description should include examples that detail the level and complexity of the work performed. Applicants will also be evaluated on their narrative responses to the KSAs. The best qualified applicants will be further evaluated through an interview process.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI Drug test required Yes